Zap-Map was launched 2014. Its data is pooled from various public sources and contributions including a live feed from the National Charge Point Registry (NCR), some points from OpenChargeMap.org (OCM), dealership groups, branded networks and independent locations and updated on a regular basis.
Source London is a London-wide electric vehicle charge point network started by London Mayor Boris Johnson and now run by an independent operator. It is the best place to start if you drive into London. Electric car drivers can access any of the charging points, regardless of the manufacturer, using a single smart card, which currently costs £5 per year and allows free use of the entire network until the end of 2015, when a new pricing structure will be introduced.
Polar from Chargemaster
An excellent map providing live data for all Polar network charging points installed by manufacturer Chargemaster. It does not include points installed by other manufacturers. The Polar network charges a tiered annual subscription plus per use rates.
Another great live map from another manufacturer. As with Chargemaster, Pod Point’s map only shows its own charging points, however. To join the network costs £12.50 with free use of the network at present, although the company will soon start charging on a per use basis.
Tesla Supercharger map
Tesla owners have their own high-speed Supercharger network, which is rapidly expanding throughout Europe and offers free electricity at the point of use.
Driving Green contents
Introduction to green driving
- What is a “green” car?
- What does Euro 6 mean when it comes to emissions?
- Why have green cars been developed?
- Nine tips for eco-driving
Choosing a green car
- What are hybrid cars?
- What are plug-in hybrid (PHEV) cars?
- What are extended-range electric vehicles (E-REVs)?
- What are hydrogen fuel cell vehicles?
- Are pure-electric cars suitable?
- Whatever happened to LPG (liquid petroleum gas)?
- What are biofuels?
Green car buying guides
Financial, environmental and practical implications of green motoring
- Electric car UK public charging point maps
- The truth about real-world mpg and fuel costs
- How much is VED (road tax) for green cars?
- Are electric cars expensive to insure?