CHILD car seats are one of the many expensive but essential things you have to buy as a parent. However, if you’re looking to buy your first baby seat before your baby’s birth, or to replace an exisiting baby seat for one designed for a toddler, Black Friday could present an opportunity to save yourself some cash.
There are a large number of retailers we’re expecting to discount their wares come the end of November, so there’ll be a huge selection to choose from — meaning that you’ll be able to grab a discount while ensuring you’ve found a model that will keep your child safe and sound.
Read on to find out where to find a deal on a child seat this Black Friday, as well as which models we’re expecting to see on sale.
- Shop car seat deals at Amazon – here
- Shop car seat deals at John Lewis – here
- Shop car seat deals at Boots – here
Last year’s best Black Friday Car Seat deals
* We may earn revenue if you click the links below and buy the products but we never let this affect our recommendations. Remember to shop around on Black Friday to make sure you’re getting the best price.
Our top picks from the 2021 sales:
- Silver Cross Balance i-Size Car Seat Group 1/2/3, £163.99 (saving 61.01) at Amazon – buy here
- Britax Romer Advansafix M i-Size Group 1/2/3, £89.99 (saving £35.01) at Amazon – buy here
- Cosatto All in All Rotate Group 0+/1/2/3 Car Seat, £139.95 (saving £110) at Uber Kids – buy here
When is Black Friday 2022?
Black Friday is closely linked with Thanksgiving, a holiday celebrated in various countries across the world, but perhaps most directly associated with the US. It falls the day after “Turkey Day”, which means that this year it will be on Friday, November 25.
However, plenty of stores will start slashing prices from the start of November.
When is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday is an online-only shopping event that takes place on the Monday following Thanksgiving — this year, that’s November 28. The fact that it’s online-only means it’s not quite as well known as Black Friday.
However, the sales themselves are often even more impressive, if less certain — many of the most popular products available will be sold out by the time Cyber Monday rolls around.
Do child car seats go on sale for Black Friday?
Absolutely. Judging by past years, we’re expecting a number of retailers to discount car seats designed for children of all ages and sizes.
Amazon — one of the prime (get it) reasons for Black Friday’s modern popularity in the UK — will likely be responsible for some of the best offers, but don’t be surprised to see more traditional child-oriented retailers like Uberkids or Mamas and Papas offering discounts, too.
What car seat Black Friday deals were available last year?
Amazon – up to 47% off
The retail discounted child car seats by more than a third, which translated to savings of more than £70 on some models from trusted brands including Maxi-Cosi, Britax Römer and Graco.
If last year’s offers were anything to go by, we’d predict there will be a range of sizes available: the selection of last year’s offers below includes models suitable for children from newborn all the way up to age 12.
- Britax Romer Advansafix M i-Size Group 1/2/3, £89.99 (saving £35.01) – buy here
- Silver Cross Balance i-Size Car Seat Group 1/2/3, £163.99 (saving 61.01) – buy here
- Britax Romer Evolva Group 1/2/3, £76.49 (saving £68.51) – buy here
- Maxi-Cosi Titan Group 1/2/3 ISOFIX Car Seat, £129 (saving £70) – buy here
- Graco Junior Maxi Lightweight Booster Seat Group 2/3, £29.95 (saving £5.05) – buy here
Uberkids – up to 45% off
As a retailer of equipment for babies and toddlers, it’s no surprise that Uberkids had some great car seat Black Friday deals last year. Many of these centred around Britax Römer, a very well-respected and trusted manufacturer of pushchairs and other children’s equipment, as well as award-winning brand Cybex.
- Britax Romer KIDFIX III S Group 2/3 Car Seat, £129.99 (saving £60) – buy here
- Cosatto All in All Rotate Group 0+/1/2/3 Car Seat, £139.95 (saving £110) – buy here
- Cybex Sirona M2 i-size Car Seat, £153.99 (saving £65.95) – buy here
- Recaro Mako Elite i-Size Car Seat, £128.99 (saving £60) – buy here
Mamas and Papas – up to 25% off
Mamas and Papas is a well-loved store that most parents across the UK will be familiar with — after all, it’s been selling pushchairs, cribs, toys and other newborn-focused products since the early eighties.
It’s no stranger to a smashing sale, either, and last year saw up to £60 off models from Joie and Maxi-Cosi. And if you’re in a real hurry, fear not: Mamas and Papas often has sales on its car seats.
- Maxi-Cosi Mica I-Size Car Seat, £239.20 (saving £59.80) – buy here
- Cybex Solution B2 Fix Car Seat, £99.95 (saving £40) – buy here
- Joie Trillo Car Seat Stage 2/3, £45 (saving £15) – buy here
- Bugaboo Turtle Air Car Seat, £171 (saving £19) – buy here
John Lewis – up to 35% off
John Lewis might not be the first retailer that pops into your mind when you think of car seat Black Friday deals, but the department store stocks a host of household names including Joie and Maxi-Cosi, and even makes car seats bearing its own name (which we’d expect to see bearing the biggest discounts come November). The “never knowingly undersold” mantra can be extremely reassuring, as can the legendary customer service if something goes wrong or needs replacing.
Last year, we saw John Lewis take the same approach to a number of other retailers and discount a range of Maxi-Cosi car seats by 20% — which saw parents save more than £60 on some models.
- John Lewis Swivel Group, 0+/1 Isofix car seat, £140 (saving 30%) – buy here
- Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix Group 0+ Baby Car Seat, £83.99 (saving 20%) – buy here
- Joie Baby Trillo Group 2/3 High Back Booster Car Seat, £44.99 (saving 10%) – buy here
- John Lewis Group 0+/1 Belted Car Seat, £65 (saving 35%) – buy here
- Joie Baby Spin 360 Group 0+/1 Car Seat, £179.10 (saving 10%) – buy here
Boots – up to 27% off
Another store than might not immediately spring to mind when you think about car seats is Boots. However, last year the store offered up to 27% off top car seat brands like Maxi-Cosi and Silver Cross.
- Mothercare Madrid Combination Car Seat, £75 (saving £25) – buy here
- Maxi-Cosi Pearl Pro2, £191.20 (save £47.80) – buy here
- Silver Cross Balance i-Size Car Seat, £200 (save £25) – buy here
Halfords – 30% off
Last year most of Halford’s car seat deals were price matched or cheaper elsewhere. However, the brand did offer a £10 voucher when you spent £50 or more.
- Joie Elevate 1/2/3 Cherry Car Seat, £59.99 (saving £15) – buy here
- Joie i-Venture Group 0+1 Baby Car Seat, £170 (saving £90) – buy here
Which retailers will have the best car Black Friday deals in 2022?
As you can see from our round-up above, there is a variety of online destinations you can head to if you’re looking for a deal on a child car seat come Black Friday.
However, if you’ve only got the time to visit one place, we’d recommend going to Amazon. Last year saw some huge discounts — more than a third, compared to around 20% at other retailers we found — and if you’re a Prime customer, delivery is often free and super quick.
If you’re more of a traditionalist, though, you might be more comfortable shopping somewhere like John Lewis or Mamas and Papas, both of which will likely discount a range of brands by 20%.
Is Black Friday a good time to buy car seats?
Yes, absolutely. You’ll likely find models discounted by at least 20% and potentially up to 30% or 40%. Discounts like that can lead to a lot of savings on something like a child seat — parents know better than anyone that they don’t come cheap. However, you’re also likely to find discounted car seats in the January sales, so if you miss out on Black Friday, don’t fear.
Which is the best car seat to buy?
We’ve created a guide to the best toddler car seats, and tested the Nuna MYTI, which is reportedly the car seat of choice for celebrities including Beyoncé and the Kardashians. At £275, it’s not exactly cheap, but it’s designed to last your little one from when they’re 15 months old to when they’re 12, saving you cash in the long run. It’s also super easy to install and our reviewers (a toddler and a 7-year old) found it extremely comfortable. We’d recommend it.
- Nuna Myti i-Size Car Seat, £275 from John Lewis – buy here
Should I wait until Black Friday to buy a child car seat?
While waiting until Black Friday will likely save you some money on a new car seat, your child shouldn’t be using a car seat that is broken or that they’ve outgrown. It’s a great time of year to pre-emptively buy your child’s next, bigger car seat, but if your little one needs a new seat pronto, then don’t wait.
This article features products that have been chosen independently by Driving.co.uk staff. We may earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products.
- If you enjoyed our guide to Black Friday car seat deals, you might be interested in reading more articles from Driving’s Car Clinic.
- We’ve compiled all the best dash cam Black Friday deals, so you can be prepared when November rolls around.
- We’ve also created a guide to what you can expect from Halfords this Black Friday.
- Electric police cars ‘running out of puff’ and not yet fit for purpose
- What is alternate-side parking, which countries use it and why?
- Why have petrol prices risen and will they go down again?
- Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer 2022 review: Estate gets the hatchback’s sharper looks plus much more space for the family
- Best-selling cars 2022: What are the UK’s top 10 most popular models?