WHETHER IT’S for the kids or indulging your own inner child, Lego never fails to get imaginations flowing. The colourful blocks, the satisfying clicks and the pride at the end result; Lego is classic fun for all ages.
And now you could win the latest Lego set from the Technic range – perhaps the most advanced type of Lego.
We have six Lego Technic models up for grabs, including the top prize – a remote-controlled Volvo L350F Wheel Loader (a type of tractor) worth £169.99. Five runners up will each win a Lego Technic Container Truck. Just remember to keep them safely out of the way of bare feet.
First prize: Lego Technic Volvo L350F Wheel Loader
Pretend you’re the boss of the building site with the all-new Lego Technic version of Volvo’s heavy duty construction vehicle, due to hit the shelves on August 1. Developed in partnership with the Swedish manufacturer this is now the flagship model of the Technic range. It may be smaller than the real thing but it’s still a big model, measuring 23cm high and 59cm long, and comprising more than 1,600 parts.
The remote-controlled model is complete with many of the features of its 55-tonne big brother, including a six-cylinder Volvo engine with pistons and fan that move as you drive, and a working lift arm with tipping bucket.
Runner-up prize: Lego Technic Container Truck
The Lego Technic Container Truck is ready for a tough day on the building site. Complete with a hinged lifting arm, a removable container box and tough front-wheel steering, this model is raring to go. The most impressive feature is the linear actuators that lift and tip the container box, just like the real thing.
How to enter
To enter and be in with a chance of winning, all you need to do is retweet the competition tweet – click here to see it: @ST_Driving (make sure to follow us, too!).
For those not on Twitter, find a competition entry form below.
Competition ends at 12pm on Wednesday, August 6, 2014
LEGO TECHNIC ONLINE COMPETITION RULES
- Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners.
- Competition closes at 12:00 on August 6, 2014 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
- One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
- To enter this competition you must retweet the competition tweet before the Closing Date via the online form on Driving.co.uk.
- There will be one winner and five runners up. One prize per winner and one prize per runner up.
- Anyone found to use multiple entries to enter will be ineligible.
- The winner and runners up will be notified via emails or using the other contact details provided within 10 days of the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner and the runners during the specified time. If a winner and runners up cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The prize is a Lego Technic Volvo Loader and for five runners up a Lego Technic Container Truck.
- The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
- The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
- The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (the “Promoter”).
- General terms and conditions for competitions apply.