– THIS COMPETITION HAS CLOSED –
WITH PACKED grids numbering nearly 40 cars and the names of manufacturers reading like a who’s who of sports car royalty, the Blancpain GT Series serves up some of the most closely contested racing in the world – and it’s coming to the UK’s Brands Hatch circuit on 7 and 8 May.
The likes of Audi, Bentley, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Mercedes, Nissan and Porsche will battle to the chequered flag in two one hour races, with drivers from around Europe hoping to get one over rivals and make a name for themselves on the world motorsport stage.
Racing on the full length, 2.4 mile grand prix circuit, Brands Hatch, in Kent, not only makes for one of the most challenging tracks for drivers in the Blancpain GT Series champiohsip, but one of the best for spectators. Half of the track, known as the Indy circuit, is set in a natural basin that affords spectacular views of races.
The field of GT3 specification race cars includes the Audi R8, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, the Bentley Continental, Ferrari 458 and the latest 488, as well as McLaren’s 650S, the Mercedes-AMG GT3 and the Porsche 911 GT3 R.
Supporting the Blancpain Series is the Ultracar Sports Club, a collection of some of the rarest hypercars in the world, which enjoy having their legs stretched in front of crowds for 30 minute cruising sessions. Million pound machinery has previously included the Aston Martin Vulcan, Pagani Zonda R, Ferrari FXX K and McLaren P1 GTR.
Tickets cost from £21 for the main race day, which is on Sunday, 8 May. But Driving has teamed up with Brands Hatch to give away five pairs of tickets to this spectacular race series – with more details of the race weekend available here.
To enter, simply answer the following question before the closing date of 23:59 BST on May 5, 2016.
– THIS COMPETITION HAS CLOSED –
- Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners.
- Competition closes at 23:59 on May 5, 2016 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
- One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void. Anyone found to use multiple entries to enter will be ineligible.
- To enter this competition you must correctly answer the question above and submit the form before the Closing Date.
- There will be five winners. Five prizes of one pair of tickets per winner.
- The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
- The Prize is a pair of general admission tickets to the 2016 Blancpain GT Series at Brands Hatch in Kent on Saturday and Sunday 8 and 9 May only. Tickets will be available on the gate. Winner and guest are responsible for travel to and from the event at their own expense. Promoter reserves the right to substitute tickets for a different event and date without notice if tickets to the advertised event become unavailable for any reason and/or at its sole discretion.
- The winners will be notified via email or using the other contact details provided within one day of the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner and the runners up during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
- The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
- The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (the “Promoter”).
- Entrants may be contacted by the Promoter for marketing purposes, including email newsletters. By entering the competition you agree to be included. Email newsletter recipients may opt upon receipt.
- General terms and conditions for competitions apply.