ARE YOU a Steely-Eyed Helmsman or perhaps an Emma or even a Bag of Nerves? Driving is looking for readers who can see an element of themselves in these descriptions, as laid down by Richard Porter, Top Gear’s script editor.
To win, you will need to email us a picture and a short summary of why you fit the bill to stand a chance of winning some goodies kindly donated by Audi.
The best submission, judged by The Sunday Times Driving team, will win an Audi R8 LMS ultra 1:18 scale model car and seven runners-up can also get their hands on 1:43 scale models of the R18 TDI LMP1 car that won the Le Mans 24 Hours in 2011.
R8 LMS ultra 1:18 scale model
Winner of 18 championship titles in 2012, including overall victory at Bathurst, Spa, Zolder and the Nürburgring, this detailed 1:18-scale model of the Audi R8 LMS ultra includes features such as the wide rear wing and an engine compartment housing the 570PS 5.2-litre V10. Its immense run of success continues in 2014, with the R8 LMS ultra having already triumphed in the Nürburgring 24 Hours just one week after the one-two Audi R18 victory at Le Mans in June.
2011 R18 TDI 1:43 scale model
Value: £40 (est)
A key chapter in the history of the Audi Sport LMP1 programme is perfectly captured in this 1:43-scale model. The 2011 R18 TDI entered the legendary Le Mans 24-hour endurance race powered by the 3.7-litre V6 TDI, with over 540 PS. Driven to victory by Marcel Fässler, André Lotterer and Benoît Tréluyer, the car also set the fastest lap of the race, just as this same crew did to win for Audi in 2014.
To be in with a chance of winning, please fill in the form below telling us, in no more than 150 words, why you think you fit the stereotype. Remember to upload a photo, too.
Competition ends 00:01 on Sun, July 13, 2014. For full terms and conditions see below.
DRIVING STEREOTYPES ONLINE COMPETITION RULES
- Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners.
- Competition closes at 00:01 on July 13, 2014 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
- One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
- To enter this competition you must submit your photo and entry before the Closing Date via the online form on Driving.co.uk.
- Entries must be the original work of the author and not previously published. Entries which are or appear to be plagiarised will be disqualified. Entries (including but not limited to text and photographs) for this competition must not contain any content that is defamatory, libellous, racist, homophobic, derogatory, pornographic, obscene, sexist, illegal, and/or otherwise inappropriate. Entrants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. You must get the prior consent of anyone who features in your entry.
- There will be one winner and seven runners up. One prize per winner and one prize per runner up.
- Anyone found to use multiple entries to enter will be ineligible.
- The winner will be the entrant whose entry, in the opinion of the judges, demonstrates flair and likeness to the categories. There will be at least 1 independent judge on the judging panel. The runners up will be the next seven valid entries for this competition received by the Promoter before the Closing Date.
- The winner and runners up will be notified via emails or using the other contact details provided within 10 days of the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner and the runners during the specified time. If a winner and runners up cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The prize is an Audi R8 LMS ultra 1:18 scale model car and for seven runners up a 1:43 scale model 2011 R18 TDI car.
- The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
- The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
- The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (the “Promoter”).
- General terms and conditions for competitions apply.