Red Bull Racing has dominated the 2023 season. The team sealed its top spot in the constructors’ championship following Max Verstappen’s victory at the Japanese Grand Prix and two weeks later at the next race in Qatar the flying Dutchman was crowned drivers’ world champion for the third time in his career.
Neither Red Bull nor Verstappen took their feet off the gas for the remainder of the season, however, as they continued a dominant display right to the chequered flag of the last race of the year in Abu Dhabi. In fact, such was Verstappen’s consistency that he became one of only three F1 drivers ever that has finished every lap of every race in the season. Can he and Red Bull maintain that momentum into the 2024 season?
Here’s how the F1 drivers’ and teams’ points tables look at the end of the 2023 season, following the Abu Dhabi race.
F1 2023 championship final placings
2023 Drivers’ Championship
|1||Max Verstappen||NED||RED BULL RACING HONDA RBPT||575|
|2||Sergio Perez||MEX||RED BULL RACING HONDA RBPT||285|
|4||Fernando Alonso||ESP||ASTON MARTIN ARAMCO MERCEDES||206|
|6||Lando Norris||GBR||MCLAREN MERCEDES||205|
|9||Oscar Piastri||AUS||MCLAREN MERCEDES||97|
|10||Lance Stroll||CAN||ASTON MARTIN ARAMCO MERCEDES||74|
|11||Pierre Gasly||FRA||ALPINE RENAULT||62|
|12||Esteban Ocon||FRA||ALPINE RENAULT||58|
|13||Alexander Albon||THA||WILLIAMS MERCEDES||27|
|14||Yuki Tsunoda||JPN||ALPHATAURI HONDA RBPT||17|
|15||Valtteri Bottas||FIN||ALFA ROMEO FERRARI||10|
|16||Nico Hulkenberg||GER||HAAS FERRARI||9|
|17||Daniel Ricciardo||AUS||ALPHATAURI HONDA RBPT||6|
|18||Zhou Guanyu||CHN||ALFA ROMEO FERRARI||6|
|19||Kevin Magnussen||DEN||HAAS FERRARI||3|
|20||Liam Lawson||NZL||ALPHATAURI HONDA RBPT||2|
|21||Logan Sargeant||USA||WILLIAMS MERCEDES||1|
|22||Nyck De Vries||NED||ALPHATAURI HONDA RBPT||0|
2023 Constructors’ Championship
|1||RED BULL RACING HONDA RBPT||860|
|5||ASTON MARTIN ARAMCO MERCEDES||280|
|8||ALPHATAURI HONDA RBPT||25|
|9||ALFA ROMEO FERRARI||16|
- If you are interested in the 2023 F1 drivers and teams points tables, check out our calendar for the 2023 season, which includes reports about each race
- Click here to find out how to watch F1 in the UK
- Did you hear that a Robert de Niro and John Boyega Formula One film is in the works for Netflix?
- Best-selling cars 2023: The UK’s top 10 most popular models
- Could Alfa Romeo be about to make a dramatic return to Le Mans?
- 7 best windscreen covers to buy in 2023-24
- Toyota previews new electric crossovers amid commitment to multi-fuel future
- First reviews are in after troubled Tesla Cybertruck finally gets handed out to customers
- Smart #3 review 2023: Stylish, roomy electric crossover reinvents the brand … again
- Goodwood announces ‘landmark moment’ in motorsport with comprehensive use of sustainable fuels for the 2024 Revival
- Dacia Duster redesigned for 2024 launch with rugged look and first use of hybrid power
- Bracelet made from an old F1 tyre used by Michael Schumacher could fetch upwards of £20,000