Jeremy Clarkson: ban buses or bicycles to reduce road deaths

Jeremy Clarkson laughs off reports of The Grand Tour being axed following Mail on Sunday claims

Mail story is "horse ****", he says

JEREMY Clarkson has said reports over the weekend that The Grand Tour is being axed are “inaccurate” and said it was “hilarious” that anyone would believe the Mail Online.

Clarkson is currently working on the third of three contracted series of the Amazon motoring show, which he presents with James May and Richard Hammond. It is due to be broadcast later this year.

However, with Clarkson now lined up to present a new, limited run of game show Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and without official confirmation that Amazon has commissioned a fourth series of The Grand Tour, speculation as to its future is rife.

Browse NEW or USED cars for sale

Yesterday, the Mail On Sunday reported that the show would not be returning for a fourth instalment. It quoted a source who claimed the entire Grand Tour crew might be job hunting when series three filming is complete in the summer.

They said: “There is nothing to suggest they are going to do another one. No one has signed anything and employees are wondering where everyone will go once filming wraps.”

However, no news about a renewed contract doesn’t mean the end of the road for Clarkson’s motoring show, a point he made robustly in response to more than one fan on Twitter.




Clarkson then attempted to get his own back by suggesting that the editor of the Mail on Sunday had been fired, before describing his own information as “horse shit”.

Clarkson, Hammond and May signed a multi-million-pound deal to move to Amazon’s subscription service in 2015 from the BBC, where they hosted Top Gear. The Grand Tour was one of Amazon’s biggest shows and has made a reported £100m for the TV service over three years.

Grand Tour producer Andy Wilman who also worked on Top Gear said: “We are focusing on series three at the moment.”