— DRIVING EXPERIENCES —
- Location Bedford Autodrome, Bedford
- Price £1,032 (full day, standard); £936 (full day, off-peak); £594 (half day) — use Christmas promo code PSXMAS17 for 10% discount
Former F1 driver Jonathan Palmer set up this driving experience centre at the Bedford Autodrome in 1991 and it immediately earnt a reputation as one of the best in the world. Today, guests can drive high performance sports cars such as the BMW M4 GTP and Ariel Atom, and racing cars including the Renault Clio Cup (pictured) and Formula 3000, on four purpose-built circuits in an eight activity programme. PalmerSport says its philosophy is to not just permit but actively encourage guests to push right to the limit on every circuit in every car. There’s currently 10% off, too.
- Location Brooklands, Surrey (near Weybridge)
- Price £295* Mercedes-AMG GT 1hr; £99* 4×4 1hr; £80* Under 17s 1hr (* includes Christmas discount for purchases made before 31st December 2017)
Mercedes-Benz World is nestled within the grounds of the historic Brooklands racing circuit, just inside the M25. It offers a number of one-hour driving experiences including a turn in the AMG GT sports car, use of other AMG vehicles on handling and low grip tracks, off-road driving on its perilous course or, for the kids, under-17s driving experiences (on- or off-road). Book before the end of the year for a healthy discount on each.
Porsche Experience Centre
- Location Silverstone Circuit, Northants
- Price £295 inc.VAT for 90-minute gift experience
The Porsche Gift Experience allows recipients to get behind the wheel of a 718 (Cayman or Boxster), 911 sports car, Panamera GT, or Cayenne or Macan SUV at Silverstone. You don’t actually drive on the world-famous F1 circuit but instead hit the tracks Porsche has purpose-built just off Hangar straight, but don’t worry, they’re both challenging and thrilling. The experience in your chosen car lasts an hour and a half and the voucher can be redeemed at any point over the following 12 months.
Jump between sections or go to the next page below